Many people see the kitchen as the heart of the home – and for good reason, too. From cooking meals to having conversations and entertaining guests, it’s somewhere that we spend a lot of time. It’s therefore natural that you’ll want to know how to make your kitchen smell good, from what fragrances to use to how to keep it staying fresh.
Why scents matter in the kitchen
With so much going on in the kitchen, particularly when it comes to cooking, smells can start to surface and stick around if we don’t give it the upkeep that it needs. Odour-eliminating products are a great way to get rid of cooking smells and make your kitchen smell good, rather than simply masking them.
The scents suited to your kitchen
If you want a scent that will aid you in getting rid of kitchen odours, why not try the following scent types?
Citrus scents: If you’re looking for the best way to get rid of cooking smells, give a citrus-based scent a go. Citrus fragrances such as lemons, limes and oranges have a sharp, zesty scent which is especially suited to getting rid of kitchen odours. Air Wick® have a whole host of citrus fragrances to re-balance bad smells in your kitchen.
Fresh scents: One of the reasons that the likes of lemon fragrance is loved in the kitchen, is for it’s clean, crisp scent. For this same reason, fresh fragrances will always work well in the kitchen – as they are pure, clean and do not combine badly with other food smells.
The Air Wick® products perfect for your kitchen
If you want to know how to make the kitchen smell good with one of our signature Air Wick® products, check out the following:
Use an Autospray to define your kitchen’s personality
Your kitchen is a special place, so it shouldn’t just look good but feel good, too – and a Autospray is one way to achieve that. Your kitchen goes through so many scent cycles depending on what’s cooking throughout the day, so it helps to have something that can not only eliminate those odours, but define your kitchen’s personality and provide a consistent, long-lasting fragrance to the home. It also allows you to control its scent intensity – so depending on what’s been cooking throughout the day, simply turn it up higher!
Light a candle for those special mealtimes
We all love a sit-down dinner around the table every now and again and what better way to set the mood than with a candle? Our Air Wick® candles not only create a warm, welcoming environment, but they also add an uplifting fragrance to your kitchen that makes any mealtime that little bit more memorable. You can view our whole range of candles here.
How to get rid of kitchen smells
As well as a wonderful scent, regular upkeep is a must in any kitchen if you want to keep it clean, sanitised and smelling fresh. With lots of chopping, preparing and cooking going on, the kitchen is prone to lots of foodborne germs. Maintenance is not just needed to keep bad odours at bay, but for your safety, too. The secret? Act QUICK with the following tips:
- Open a window: Any chance that you get, crack open your window to give the room some much-welcomed ventilation and to keep the kitchen smelling fresh.
- Use your extractor: When you’re cooking, make sure you turn on the extractor fan. This is one of the best ways to battle those pesky, over-powering food smells.
- Dirty dishes: When there’s dishes in the sink, clean them, and when the dishwasher’s full, turn it on. This will prevent any bad smells sticking around for longer than they need to.
- Scrub your surfaces: When you’ve spilt food or drink on surfaces, scrub them clean so that there’s no residue left to rot, smell or put your safety at risk.
- Take the bins out: This one may seem obvious but remember to take your bins out regularly as they are a huge source of bad smells within your kitchen.
- Fridge maintenance: Once a week, check your fridge for any food that’s gone off and if so, get rid of it right away. Cleaning it out every now and again will also help.
- Use an autospray: Sometimes, however, despite doing all these things, you may need still need some extra help. For how to get rid of pesky cooking smells that won’t shift, invest in our Air Wick Freshmatic Automatic Spray. This will not only neutralise nasty odours that come with cooking, but keep them from coming back, too.
The kitchen is a huge part of your home, so it’s no wonder you want it to feel welcoming for you and your guests. That can’t happen if it always smells of cooking fumes or food left too long, so it’s important to know how to get rid of them, as well as how to keep them from coming back. Enjoy our wide range of Air Wick® products, perfect for a kitchen that smells consistently fresh, no matter the occasion!